How to Remotely Connect to Your Office?
When working from home, it’s crucial that you’re able to connect to offices and gain easy access to files and emails. Failure to do so can lead to unproductivity and communications problems.
Podium IT is committed to offering IT support for businesses through several means. If you’re looking for ways to connect to your work network remotely, consider these five methods:
1. Office 365 and cloud-based systems
Office 365 allows you to achieve the same access to systems from home as when you’re in the office. Features such as OneDrive and SharePoint allow you to connect from anywhere and store or share your data – including spreadsheets, presentations, and documents. Office 365 also gives you access to Microsoft Teams so you can communicate with customers and teams more effectively.
2. Use collaboration tools
There are several collaboration tools that offices can use to boost remote working connections. Microsoft Teams is a simple collaboration tool that allows users to get a quicker response than sending an email. Microsoft Teams has several collaborative software features that ensure teams stay remotely connected. For instance, Zoho Connect is a renowned tool that lets organisations create social networks for teams to collaborate on new or existing projects.
Virtual Private Networking (VPN) is a great option for small companies. However, you need to first ensure that your home laptop or computer has sufficient malware and antivirus protection. You can connect to the workplace VPN through Microsoft Remote Desktop. This requires office computers to be configured to enable remote connections and running Windows Professional. VNC is a free alternative that gives you access to office computer screens.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to access offices remotely:
- Download the firewall’s VPN client software. This is available on the vendor’s website and is usually free.
- Install the VPN client software.
- Enter the public IP address of your company or organisation.
- Enter your username and password and press ‘connect’
4. Third-party software
Third-party software provides remote access to office computers from anywhere and is relatively easy to set up. Additionally, once setup is complete, they require little maintenance to guarantee safe access. There are several third-party software options – including LogMeIn and Team Viewer. Here are some steps to follow when using third-party software to remotely connect to your office:
- Visitor your chosen vendor’s webpage to download and install the software before creating an account.
- Purchase a license from the range of options.
- Ensure the software is also downloaded and installed on the computer you want to connect to. Make sure the work computer is enabled for unattended access.
- Enter the remote access ID and credentials on the remote computer
5. Remote Desktop connection
Remote Desktop Connection allows you to open a remote connection to your Remote Desktop Server installed on any other computer. This means you can get access to personalised desktops based in the office. An advantage of a Remote Desktop Server is that it can connect on a slow network without problems. You can utilise Remote Desktop Connection using these steps:
- Open Remote Desktop Connection on your home computer.
- Type in the public IP address of your company and press ‘connect.’
- Enter the username and password of the company.
Need more help choosing the right form of remote access for your offices? Choose Podium IT for business IT support Melbourne.
We service all Melbourne suburbs and the Sunshine Coast (QLD).
Are You Looking For An IT Provider Based In Melbourne? IT service companies offer a wide range of goods and services. But how do you