IT Support Technician Job | Melbourne IT Support Techncian
IT Support Technician Job? We are always looking for talented staff to assist us with the growth and performance of out services. Podium IT offers all of their staff an opportunity to thrive, we support creative thinking and are a strong believer in accepting new ideas. If you think you have something to offer send your C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN POSITION DESCRIPTION
Podium IT is offering a position for an IT Support Technician. We are an established small to medium sized (SMB) IT Support company with clients across many different industries.
The offer will see you work more closely with the Managing Director initially, you will be working across the company’s biggest clients performing onsite and remote IT support as required.
As part of the role, Podium IT will be offering you unique exposure to some of the latest technologies. You will also be involved in developing and integrating critical IT infrastructure projects internally and externally. Also, the majority of our clients operate in the health care sector. As this is a niche market you will exposed to the operations of an exclusive set of software suites.
We are also committed to offering you a competitive salary based on experience. After your probation of 6 months you will have a salary review. As the demand increases for onsite support you will receive a company car to use.
The role primarily consists of being the first point of contact for all clients. You will be required to assist clients as they raise IT issues with Podium IT, the normal channel of support is over the phone however there are emails and other forms of communication open as well.
You will excel in this role if you have expert troubleshooting skills and a very professional client service etiquette. You will also need to understand the basics of small business IT networks. A professional understanding of the following areas will also assist:
- Experience with medical software like Medical Director and Best Practice
- Experience with Autotask end point management and PSA
- Windows Server 2008 – 2016 Domain, Workgroup and RDP environments.
- Windows 7-10.
- IP Address
- DNS, DHCP, WAN, WLAN and LAN
- Network switches and routers
- Server Hardware Configuration
- Printer settings
- Cloud Infrastructure AWS
The Role encompasses two main areas of responsibility which are outlined below:
- Podium IT Remote Support Technician – 70%of the workload
Part of the role as a Level 2 IT Support Technician you will be required to respond to all client’s inquiries immediately and professionally.
The core responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Being available to answer incoming client inquires from the hours of M-F 8:30AM – 5:30PM unless otherwise stated.
- Creation and resolution where possible of tickets from all incoming client inquires. You will be provided guidance on how to escalate outstanding tickets.
- Constantly improving internal processes where needed. i.e the complete ticket cycle, and client experiences.
- Required to maintain the managing director’s clients site visit calendar
- Software and Hardware procurement
- Quoting for software and hardware supply and installation
Regular operations and team meetings with the Managing Directors to present findings and suggest solutions for improved business health.
Key KPI: Correctly create and resolve the majority of tickets and client enquires, successfully manage the managing directors onsite calendar. Maintain a professional manner when communicating with clients. Enjoy your job and assisting Podium IT with their mission statement. Which is, Best IT Support…ever..
- Podium IT Onsite Support Technician – %30 of the workload
Another integral part of the role is to be able to execute onsite IT Support as required. To be able to execute onsite support correctly you are required to complete all pending tasks and professionally respond to any client requests during your onsite visit.
Eventually your requirement for onsite support will increase as the company expands. The idea would be to move you into a team leader position and organise day to day activities of other technicians.
Key KPI: To show competence within the activities required during onsite IT support. To show initiative and always represent Podium IT with your highest standard.